Your Source For Making Wine and Beer

Weekly Thoughts

Friday, March 17, 2006

It's St. Patrick's day and the end of the week. What could be better than pounding down a few pints of Guinness and celebrating.

As you know, I have been doing a series on wine grapes for this week. I hope you enjoyed the readings and picked up something new. Being the typical American that drinks more beer than wine, I never knew there were so many different varieties. Gives me a new goal to strive for. Trying all the different varieties.

I bottled my Tropical Wine on Tuesday and tasted it on Thursday. It has a pineapple smell with a coconut after taste. Very unique.

In beer news this week, Victory Brewing turn 10 years old. Victory is located in Downington, PA and makes some very excellent beers. The owners started out as homebrewers and decided to make a profession of it. A couple of role models for us to follow. Nice article at Bellaonline about Victory, if you want to know more.

I added my first non-beer or no-wine link to my list of encouragers. Holding down the Fort, is a blog that is about the adventures of a young mother. She added me to her list of favorite reads, so I only thought that it would be fair to reciprocate.

If you have the time, read some of the articles from my list of encouragers. Quite a few interesting articles (actually too many to list here).

Technorati Tags : , , ,
Powered By Qumana

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP