Your Source For Making Wine and Beer

Brewing Procedures

Thursday, August 24, 2006

With September just around the corner, it is almost time to begin brewing again.  I do like the real old-timers used to do and that is take the summer off from brewing.  Summer seems to be a better time to drink the beer than to make it.  Well, anyways, I was reading my latest copy of Brew Your Own magazine it it has a great article on the proper procedures for extract beers.  The four procedures are:
 
No-Boil Brewing - I have never tried this but looks like a great time saver.  The extract is added at the end.
 
Concentrated Boil Method - This is what I normally use.  You boil a condensed wort and then dilute it in the fermenter.
 
Extract Late Method - This is where you add the 1/2 the extract towards the end of the boil
 
Texas Two-Step - This is where you essentially boil 1/2 the wort at 1 time.
 
On my next batch of beer, I plan on using the No-Boil Method.  Bascially to see if it saves time and if that method makes good beer.
 
If you would like to read the whole article Click Here.  There are also 5 recipes that you can try.
 
 
 

Technorati Tags : , , ,
Powered By Qumana

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP