Your Source For Making Wine and Beer

Gluten Free Beer

Wednesday, October 26, 2005


A couple of months ago, a customer came into where I work and asked if we sold any gluten free beer. I told him that we did not, but I would look to see who did. I searched on the net and at the time found a couple of companies that made it. But as luck would have it, it is not distributed in my state. I told him that I would try to make some and let him know how it worked out. I haven't made any yet because I wanted to see if there were anymore recipes than the one that I was making up.

I found 4 good sites on the making gluten free beer. The first 2 sites are:

www.bellaonline.com/articles/art33929.asp

www.bellaonline.com/articles/art35224.asp

The recipe on the first site is fairly simple and should make a decent beer. The second article gives a little more background on gluten free beer as well as a couple of compaies that make it.


The next 2 sites require a little more work than just opening a can and boiling some water. The sites are:

www.mrgoodbeer.com/gf

www.fortunecity.com/boozers/brewerytap/555/gfbeer.htm

These are for the adventuresome person and they also look rather interesting. The list of additives looks like fun and I really can't wait to try the process.

I should be making a batch within the next few weeks, so I'll let you know how it turned out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts Blogger. I was looking for wine cooling system related information and found your site. I have a wine cooling system site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts Blogger. I was looking for wine clubs related information and found your site. I have a wine clubs site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

judith said...

I really enjoy reading your posts as all the time I visit your blog, there is always something interesting. Thanks for updating such good information.
wine baskets

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP