Your Source For Making Wine and Beer

Splenda or Sugar to Sweeten Your Wine

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I just heard over the summer that you could sweeten your wine with Splenda. The advantage that I heard was that it would not ferment. This is great because you do not need to add potassium sorbate to your wine. I like to keep the chemicals to a very small amount in my wine. But how does it taste? Is sugar better? Well, I gave it a try with a couple of bottles of strawberry wine. Mixed about 1/4 cup of Splenda to 1 gallon of wine. I'm not sure if there are any problems with splenda in the long run. The 5 bottles of wine that I had only lasted a couple of months.

I did find some interesting articles on both and here are the links:


A post on Wine Making and Beer Making Bulletin Board

WineMaker Magazine Mr. Wizard Column

Posts on the Northern Brewer Homebrew Forum




Posts on Home Improvement

E.C. Kraus Newsletter

Posts on Homemade Wine




E-mail me or leave a post and let me know your ideas on sweetening wines.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP