Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Here are the steps needed to make wine using the universal wine recipe method. All the recipes are designed to make a 1 gallon batch. These recipes are great whenever you get dumped with a bunch of fruit from a friend or neighbor. I intended to post about 10 more of these recipes over the next few days and will include them in the wine recipe section at the end of the month.
1. Grab your primary fermenter, clean and sterilize it.
2. Prepare the fruit as indicated.
3. Mix all the ingredients, crushing the Campden tablets before adding them. Make sure that the sugar is dissolved. Cover and let it be for 1 day.
4. Add the yeast.
5. Cover and let ferment for about 4 - 7 days. Make sure that you stir twice a day to punch down the cap.
6. After the primary fermentation, strain, and place into a secondary fermenter. Rack as needed until the wine is clear.
7. Bottle and enjoy your wine.
Update July 2006
Technorati Tags : Wine, Winemaking, Universal, Recipes, Apple, Apricot, Blackberry, Blueberry, Cherry, Cranberry, Concord, Grape, Loganberry, Peach, Plum, Raspberry, Strawberry
Powered By Qumana