Thursday, April 13, 2006
6,998 drops and other beer facts
We have some facts and figures about general drinking trends, but what about just beer? Here are a few fun bits of beer trivia, from Here's to Beer and other randomly collected factoids, to quiz your buddies when you're all relaxing over a brew and a game after work:
- According to the Canadian Ace Brewing Co., there are 6,998 drops in a 12-ounce bottle of beer.
- St. Arnold is recognized by the Catholic Church as the patron saint of brewing beer.
- A 12-ounce beer has fewer calories than two slices of standard, sliced bread.
- In Fairbanks, Alaska, it is illegal to give beer to a moose.
- The country with the most brands of beer - 400 - is Belgium.
- In Germany, you can buy beer popsicles.
- Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty [beer] glass
Powered By Qumana