Your Source For Making Wine and Beer

Sugar and Wine

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Boy, I really must be a neophyte in the winemaking hobby.  I was looking at Jack Keller's site about the different sugars that can be used in wine making.  28 different varieties, count 'em, 28!!!
Personally, I only knew about 5 or 6 different varieties, so boy do I really feel stupid.  This webpage is one that you should bookmark because it is a great reference.
 
I plan on using Sugar in The Raw in my next batch of wine  I'm not too sure how it will ferment out, so i'll try it on 1 gallon batch.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
 
 
 
Powered By Qumana

1 comments:

Ian Scott said...

That looks pretty close to what we call "Demerara Sugar" - and you might want to try it in small batches (gallon size wines) as I've found it has left a very brown color in my ginger wine.

I expected the ginger wine to have a brown tint - but this is VERY brown - and I'm thinking the demerara sugar has caused this, but I'm not sure.

I'd be interested to hear how your experiments work out.

About

My photo

Blogging about the things that I like.

Amazon MP3 Clips

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP