Your Source For Making Wine and Beer

Winemaking Clubs

Saturday, December 10, 2005

It's Saturday morning and I'm listening to the plop, plop, plop of the airlocks on my peach wine.  It got me thinking, where did I get most of my encouragement to continue with this hobby?  I mean, just making and drinking without sharing ought to be a crime.  Then I'm thinking, geez, the Cap and Cork club is where I get the motivation to continue.  The Cap and Cork club is our local wine making club here in Altoona and meets the first Monday of every month.
 
It seems that every month I'm trying a different wine that was made by one of the members.  The elderberry wine at the last meeting was good enough to be sold commercially.  Just sharing the tips and problems in wine making is time well spent.
 
If you are not in a club now, I encourage you to attend one.  You can find list of clubs at Winemaker Magazine.  If you are in Altoona during the first Monday of the month and would like to join us, contact Scott or John at Oak Spring Winery for time and directions.
 
 If you feel like doing a winery tour in Pennsylvania check out the routes at Pennsylvania Wineries.
 

Ads by AdGenta.com

 
Powered By Qumana

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post - as I am contemplating starting a wine club in my area!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP