Thursday, January 05, 2006
With all the hype on television about oatmeal lowering cholestrol, I wonder if I should be drinking this for breakfast instead of eating oatmeal?
- 8 pounds, British amber extract
- 1/2 pound, black patent malt
- 1/2 pound, roasted barley
- 1/2 pound, chocolate malt
- 1 pound, steel cut oats
- 2 ounces, Eroica hops (boil)
- 1 ounce, Fuggles hops (finish)
- Whitbread ale yeast
- 1/2 cup, corn sugar (priming)
Procedure:Crack grains using a rolling pin. Add grain and oats to 2 gallons cold water. Bring to boil. Strain out grains. Add extract and Eroica hops. Boil about 1 hour. Add Fuggles and boil an additional 2 minutes. Steep 15 minutes. Sparge through sieve over ice. Mix. Rack to 7-gallon carboy and pitch yeast. Bottle when fermentation is complete (about 1 week).
Technorati Tags : Oatmeal_Stout, Recipe, Stout, Oatmeal, Beer, Beer_Recipe
Powered By Qumana